What are the benefits of VACUTEX™?
VACUTEX™ facilitates the healing of hard to heal wounds, by improving oxygen levels and reducing exudate and oedema levels in and around the wound area.
- Significant reduction of superficial and deeper oedema in and around the wound.
- Elevation of the local (1mm) and deeper (3-6mm) oxygen levels in and around the wound.
- This will improve the oxygenation of the wound tissue and granulation tissue will be created faster.
- The effects mentioned above has a positive impact on the Tissue Haemoglobin Index in the blood within the wound area; increasing oxygenation - further improving the wound healing process.
- VACUTEX™ contributes to the mechanical debridement of the wound
StO2 (%) – Superficial oxygenation (<1mm Depth) (Red = good)
THI – Haemoglobin Concentration (more red/less blue = good)
NIR - Perfusion in the depth of the wound till (<6 mm) (more red/less blue = good)
TWI - Reduction of tissue water index / oedema (less red = good) - Reduction of tissue water index / oedema (less red = good)